WALKING IT OUT

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tent Of Meeting - Ex 40:34

Exodus 40:34 "Then the cloud covered the tent of meeting, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. 35And Moses was not able to enter the tent of meeting because the cloud settled on it, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. "

The Glory of the Lord is not just an Old Testament ideology. I believe that Moses had the first Tent Revivals with all the glory of the Lord but without the circus the "western church" seems to need. The bible tells me that the spirit of the Lord should dwell in the place He is praised, where a body comes to worship. I believe that in some places across this globe in recent days people have been able to experience the true power of the glory of God. I wonder if anyone in "today's church" would consecrate the building, the priests/pastors or even the furniture as this Old Testament Tent 'Revivals'? It seems that the Catholics go through the motions of 'cleansing' without seeing the cloud of the glory of the Lord (in most cases). Yet, in the churches that seem to have the fire of God that is described to be on the tabernacle at night those places sometimes forget to fear the Lord's presence and commit deep sins within the church.

I can not create the Lord's cloud of glory nor would I need to. I should be careful to fear the Lord as Moses did and understand that with His presence comes too much power to have an ego about it all. I believe that the current inhabitance of the Holy Spirit in my life can give me the direction I need. However, I wonder if I shouldn't come to realize that there comes a time to repent and consecrate myself for His glory to fall with enough power that I am not able to move until the power of God lifts.

I should be doing whatever I can to remind myself that "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" as in Ro 3:23. In this, I will find a humble spirit and hopefully remember that I am not worthy yet God did more than just inhabit a tent for me, He sent His son to die the ultimate death for me. I should be grateful and pray for the leaders of my church, so that they too may consecrate themselves in humbly before our God.

Lord, Direct my paths with your presence and keep my heart in a state of confession to consecrate myself before you so that you may live through me and dwell in with power in my life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home