WALKING IT OUT

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Boneman's Daughter

A book by the rightfully acclaimed author Ted Dekker. Although, I have yet to find the courage to read this newest thriller novel, I am drawn to the subject and the compassionate way Dekker pulls readers into his twisted realities. The problem with this book is that it was based on the life experience he had as his daughter was sucked into hell itself and abused by a crazed young man who had seduced her for years and Ted's family was forced to live out a horrible period in time when nothing on Earth could save his daughter from this man's grasp.
Dekker drew closer to the Father God as he began to understand just how desperate any Father becomes to have his child back...except the cruel reality it that the "adult child" must release control back to the Father...

You can read Dekker's partial testimony and the reasons why he wrote the book in his official blog: http://www.teddekker.com/2009/04/13/are-you-bonemans-daughter/

As a child Dekker was raised among the headhunter tribes of Indonesia and describes his childhood as living in a culture as a stranger and gave him the opportunity to reach into his imagination to create another world he belonged to.

His novels are often lined with spiritual connections and draws the reader to examine some hard questions. To me, he is the creepiest author I have read with a peace behind it that is not like the novels of other famed authors...I find that the peace of the truth is so close you can touch it, but far enough away that you are longing for the characters to discover it.

Definitely I book I am aiming to read soon. My true point...Dekker's books are lined with truth because that is so much a part of him. My work, my play, my communication should be filled with the truth just the same.

No matter what your talent, job, career path, or recreational activity - I pray that you find a way to add Jesus' Love and the exclamation point to your life too!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home