WALKING IT OUT

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Files??

I knew the minute I saw Noah drawn to the filing cabinet that this could be a recipe for disaster. God spoke to me in the moments I grabbed my camera.
"The willing heart of a child to do ANYTHING just to be near a parent was created for our relationship with the Lord."

Wow I thought, God that is great, but I don't understand? Aren't you always with me? Don't I long to be near you? What are you saying to me?

See, Noah is willing to do ANYTHING while he waits for me...WAIT.. WHAT...??

Noah desires to me in my presence and will do anything he can to stay busy while he waits for me. He knows that I am only going to be a minute and then I can play, so he waits.

Ok, so you are probably getting it, but sometimes when I hear God it's like the Charlie Brown's teachers voice. It didn't all sink in until about a day later. Sad, I know, but true.

I need to keep doing His works, the things that I know He approves of while I wait for the "big plan". He will provide Grace to me, as it declares in 2 Corinthians 9:8 "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." He will even give me all I need!! He has already shown me what He cares about with the example of Jesus.

I need to remember that any good work I put my hands to while I am with him will bear fruit. John 15:5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

I need to know that He will do what He said He would do. Philipians 1:6 "There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears." (The Message Bible)

As my 11 month old waits patiently with a smile while he does something he knows he has seen me do. God is so amazing that he allows us to call to Him as little children. He even allows the small things to speak dramatic message to my heart of just what he expects of me. "Love one another...do what you have seen me do..."

Noah waits with a smile and cheerful heart as I pay bills, and take care of household business. So I too must abide in my Fathers presence while I toil at the everyday works He has called me to and yet be ready when He calls for me to come dance with Him or pray or speak of His goodness to others.

Lord, Thank you for your insight into the heart of who you are. You speak so loudly to us about such soft things. I am grateful that I can afford the ability to play with my children as they grow. I am so blessed to call myself a mother to such healthy children. Continue to use them to teach me about your Love. I pray that you will help me remember how simple it should be to follow after you and wait for your leading. Amen

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home