WALKING IT OUT

Monday, February 9, 2009

Revolve Revelation


We attended the Revolve tour in Orlando this weekend with friends. The entire group was more like 65 but I was attending because my sister was a part of the larger group. There were a lot of things to pull away from that weekend. I was most impressed with the Psalms Natalie Grant repeated to the girls throughout her talk.
Psalms 139:13-16 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
'I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
I can know by looking at the unpoluted portions of this earth that God's hand creates master pieces. Now, Natalie Grant didn't expand on it more than to acknowledge God's fingerprints on our life. But, I heard the deep undertones of the recently released song by Audrey Assad called "Known". It relates to how deeply God understands us because as the verse states, he formed us in our inner depths. I am not hidden from God and yet He has written and ordained my days.
Since, God has ordained the days set before me before even one of those days came to be, then I am exactly where he wants me to be today. All the mess of my past may have been painful but will come together to create the character, the mission and the purpose of my life. What more could I ask for? The bad things, the good things, they will all have meaning because of where he is leading me. Just like this weekend, there is meaning in the promise of the future.
God, help me to continue to be a leader of men to YOU, and teach me to lead by serving you. I pray for this generation that includes my children, but I also pray for my generation. Lord, we have a long way to go to reach our potential and to reach our peers. We need you in our businesses and world so that as the next generation comes to exit high school there is a primed world for them to minister. Thank you for the opportunity to attend a weekend with my daughter, sister, niece and great friends. Be real to those girls who attended long after the good feelings leave and life returns. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home