WALKING IT OUT

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bubbles of thought in the park!

One of my most fun memories of childhood was my mothers homemade bubbles! As a mother, I think bubbles can add hours of fun to any thing... when THEY ARE OUTSIDE OF COURSE!!! But I often allow my children to play with bubbles while I wait at a safe distance from the soapy saturation. 

I have always told my relatives that children are small people, not some different species of human. Not meant to be kept in a cage (room), or forced to play outside, or even forced to live in a world differently than a person with opinions. (The parenting discipline is a different blog, but children LIKE big people need boundaries.) I think that I grew up in a culture, all be it one of respect, that discredits the adventure of childhood by saying it's some sort of syndrome you should grow out of. You should become respectable and clean. Which brings me to my conclusion as a teen and a new Aunt (since I was 12), that children were just small people! They too needed to be treated with SOME level of expectation to be who THEY need to be. I instantly formed an opinion that has helped to shape my adulthood and how I respond to the most precious people on the planet... kids! Follow my crumbs on this rabbit trail to my current subject; where I was standing in a park waiting for guests to arrive at a party, sweating and watching these cute small peeps TRY to blow bubbles. WHAT WAS I DOING?  I was already sweating, already dirty, and in a park ~ far away from my carpet! 


AND SOAPY FUN WAS HAD BY ALL MY PEEPS! Chasing bubbles just happens naturally in this world, as it does for anyone who stops long enough to admire the beauty in a shimmering see-through round floating miracle of our own breath. 


Find a spot with a slight breeze, drop a $1 and blow some bubbles with your adult friends this weekend. It's our job to remember what real simple fun should be!!! 

Bubbles to you in peace.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Grace@ MammaInTheScene said...

BUBBLES!!!--that was said like the shrimp guy on Finding Nemo.
It's all I could think of during this post.

And you're right. We need to make some bubbles. outside. Although, I bet these School of ministry kids would love to play with bubbles inside the shop...don't give them any ideas okay?!

April 27, 2010 at 3:18 PM  
Blogger Prov31Dream said...

DEAL!! This mamma just had to go buy a carpet cleaner for the other messes... bubbles make more bubbles when you clean them!! oh, that could be a whole new blog~!

April 27, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home