WALKING IT OUT

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Needs some Sugar!

While baking some delicious cookies, a small little person came between me and the baking. Ultimately, his goal was to see what I was doing but what happened instead was a large powdering of a small little boy. I was too busy and had too much to do to get angry.  I took a deep breath and told my little one to stand still! I ran for the camera and snapped a quick picture or two and began the cleaning. 

This cleaning had to happen fast, because the oven was ready to have a batch taken out and the batch (you can hardly see on the counter) had to go in before the dough began to rise.  This was the fastest cleaning job ever and the little guy was not happy with the confectioners sugar in every corner of his clothes, or hair.  But boy was it a moment to remember!!!

Gratitude can come in many forms of praise. My children long to be with me and I see this as a form of praise.  They love me so much that they want to be involved in my life.  I am involved in their lives in every aspect still because of their ages.  They are good with boundaries but would much rather see and experience everything I am working on.

My God wants to be involved in my life too.  When I deny him, I am normally the one that ends up in the mess and He is normally the "Cleaning Crew" of my life.  My messes are not as easily "fixed" and I typically hurt myself or others.  But regardless, my God helps me refocus with a loving hand.   

Surprisingly, just as this little curious guy was actually the first to taste the dessert....God always has a blessing waiting for me when I welcome His involvement after my poor decisions.   

"COOKIES FOR EVERYONE!!  Sugar's On the House!" 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home