WALKING IT OUT

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

BE The Church!!

I have been marinating on a word for a few weeks now. How to Be The Church....So, here is my digestion of the whole situation. We must indeed DO the WORKS not just SAY who works. I can be the church while I am in need of receiving something the "church body" can provide. I can be the church while I am meeting needs of others. I can be the church in leadership or in the most unseen servants position.
There is only one requirement to any of it...BE willing to accept who you are at any moment in time in your life.
This may seem like an easy requirement but I have meditated on it for the last few weeks as I have been in such a roller-coaster ride of purchasing a newly constructed home. I think if we look at ourselves square in the mirror and get honest we will find ourselves never really wanting to accept who we are in a particular moment. In the moments of great need, I have found myself stretching for the thoughts of plenty and in the moments of great joy I tend to look ahead to the next need. Not very many moments of our lifetimes are spent in the moment. IF WE DO NOT KNOW WHICH MOMENT WE ARE WALKING THROUGH WE CAN NOT FULFILL OUR CURRENT ROLE IN THE CHURCH BODY.
Are you in need? - Be honest and reach out to receive from God's people. (Whoever God sends, no matter what they may look like.)
Are you in a time of plenty? Money/Time/Man Power/Resources/Etc... - Be honest and reach out to give to others who GOD LEADS to you. (Whatever they look like.)
Are you walking through a time of contentment? Financially/Spiritually/Emotionally - Be honest enough to etify others in/out of the body of Christ. Give solid testimonies to others and reach out to offer some hope. (No matter how successful someone looks - testify any way, speak up in bible study, encourage in all things.)
We all too often forget that last question because we somehow don't think that we have anything to give while we may not have more supplies, we can provide MORE THAN FINANCIAL support with our WALK of FAITH. Show others that in your walk of Faith God has led you to a place of true peace - in plenty or in famine.
No matter what your circumstances, you are called to seasons in your life. Ecclesiastes 3:1 "There is an occasion for everything, and a time for every activity under heaven"
Accept that season, sow in it whatever you have to sow and you will find that God will turn that Harvest into the peace that flows when we function as He intended.
I pray that I will rejoice and be glad in each day and what that day holds. I pray for anyone who reads this: that they will see just how interconnected each of our life's moments are in the possible success of others. In Jesus' Mighty Name, Amen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home