WALKING IT OUT

Monday, July 13, 2009

Our words, hopes & dares

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words break something that is not tangible. The parts of us that get broken by words are more than repairable, but the mending is not as easy as a cast. The words of encouragement bring about change in a positive way just as the words and actions of others reflect onto our hopes, dreams, desires and what we dare to TRY.

Everyone knows when you get broken bones a doctor resets it and puts it in a cast to be immobile while it heals. The cast also serves a great unspoken purpose to easily let others know that you can not function as whole yet…it’s easy to see you can’t move the arm or leg or hand or foot by the visible cast placed on the sight.

If only we had casts for the brokenness that can be caused by our word wars. The bandage would have to keep us from interacting with others, and keep us from doubting our dreams. It is simply impossible to accomplish such a task in this realm.

There are so many extremes if what I have brought up, but withstanding those extremes I am really just referencing the normal fights, bullying and damage done by living in this society. The hazards are all around, but once you are wounded by someone the smallest issue of the heart can leave you bleeding all over yourself and spilling into your hopes and desires for the future.

I think that when God encouraged us to love each other and to love our enemies it was not just to help spread the message of Love. I think that it was also to allow us to dwell on the loving aspect of others. When I dwell on the good I find it a lot easier to mend this mental damage and spiritual wounds opened during emotional wars. What happens to us when all we can focus on is the negative spoken over us or the disapproval of others? I think we change our course of directions and we shrink away from the destiny within our hearts. I know that when I am looking for the positive, I see more good than before. I am not merely talking about visualizing good…I am talking about doing good, speaking good and reflecting only on what is TRUTH about us.

If there be imperfections within us all, let us tackle it with a positive look into changing who we are, NOT who people THINK we are.

Let me care less about what might be said about me, but more about what I may say “good” about others. Let me DARE to change the world one WORD, one DREAM, one HOPE at a time!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home