WALKING IT OUT

Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Daddy!!

Do you know a Daddy? Every one had a biological place in which a parent of the male gender was involved but not everyone has a Daddy. I find that in all the things I hear from the "experts" the conclusion of a father-less generation has resulted in the current disease of martyrdom that plagues this nation. I am no expert and I can understand their conclusions.

If you did not have a Daddy then pardon this blog entry and understand that your life was recognized as important and God watched over you and can at any point fill your heart with the love of a Father.
My father was a Daddy imperfect and foolish in so many ways but an example of integrity, incredible work ethics, the caring father, and a man who knew what he stood for. My favorite part about my Daddy was the way he got on my level at any age and played house, dolls, or watched my pretend dance recitals. He was gone for sometimes months at a time but my memories of the QUALITY of time with him remains the brighter image. He had learned the art of giving a small child 3 minutes can equate to hours of quality. When he was busy or working he had learned to let me be within eye shot of what he was doing and allow me to ask him one or two questions while I pretended to help. This created an atmosphere for me to feel connected yet it allowed him the ability to work without pampering me. I was so content to be in his presence because I knew WHEN I needed an answer (even if it was made-up or incomplete) he stopped for three seconds to answer.

My husband has many wonderful qualities that I could have only dreamed of in a Daddy. There are so many times when I can recognize in my sons or daughters eyes the look of awe at their dad. I am amazed that God would let me parent and walk along side this man in this life. I truely am blessed. My children are more so blessed in having such a praying father who really does play with them, connect with them and spend so much time in conversation with each of them.

I choose this picture because I think it MOST signifies the reality of what a Daddy is. A real Daddy carries you, holds your hands and keeps you out of trouble and all the while has convinced you that it's all fun!!!


May God grant you the ability to pray for men in and around you that influence you as father figures and influence your children or mine, as the children really are the direction of tomorrow.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home