WALKING IT OUT

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Years versus God

The last few weeks I have heard, seen and felt God like never before. For my friends on Face Book, it has probably seemed really strange. I have had my head anointed with a message of freedom which broke years of feeling undeserving off of my neck. I have talked about the literal gold dust falling from an unseen source inside a church service (I saw this with my very eyes). I left with Gold Dust all over my head, face and some on my hands. I have tried to explain that while a man stood speaking to us fresh oil literally began to flow out of the pores of his hands with the scent of vanilla. (A scent unlike that you have really smelled.) You don't have to believe me...I had the experience, watched this man never leave the presence of the crowd....and when the oil from Heaven (anointing oil) began to flow, this servant of the Lord prayed for everyone in the room (even the children) I watched as the last child was prayed for and the oil, the scent and the skin of his hands dried completely in an instant.
The power of God has not left when we have left us when we left these services. During the week as my children and I sang songs of praise and worship Noah got excited about something in the sky. Moments later sitting at the table we saw the Gold Flakes (just one or two) on his little forehead. Later in the week, sparkling dust appeared on my shoulders and neck. The manifestation of the Glory also has given us UNIMAGINABLE FAVOR with people who didn't seem to be able to control themselves.


Ok, I know that those things seem sensational. The God of Elijah, the God of Abraham, the God of Sampson, the God of Elisha and the Bible IS a God who does BIG things. Things that this Western Century church doesn't want to believe, because it may CHANGE something we KNOW. The third world countries, the countries where Christians are still tortured and murdered and the countries that are DESPERATE for God have not been abandoned by the miracles, signs and wonders. So it is my belief that what has happened in this country and the Western Civilization REALLY has been that WE LEFT GOD. We put on horses blinders to keep from seeing the UNEXPLAINABLE GOD. The Church, the Body of Christ made choices to rather have God easy to explain and evangelize than have the tangible presence of the Most High in our midst.


For the last several years a movement has been happening within this Western world, but also around the world of a new wave ~ new revival ~ new fire ~ new desire for God ~ new authentic need for CHANGE ~ new anointing IS falling.
These two pictures are a sample of this last weekend and this weekend (some yet to come). Michael Tyrrell, one of the many instruments of God in these holy revivals is on stage in these photos. A man of integrity and a man of deep compassion for the Body of Christ. Authentic doesn't even begin to describe the miracles, the deliverance and the mercy that flows from his ministry. www.michaeltyrrell.com
I know that there are no tricks, no lights and no special effects, and yet the small bubbles or cloudy circles seen in these pictures were some of God's tangible presence captured on digital film. Believe me or not....my 15 month old son was chasing something....so I would take a picture and immediately see that He would be pointing at or standing near these little orbs. It may be hard to see online, but I don't need the evidence - I have the experience.
I had a remarkable few years during my adolescence to see revival sweep this city and tri-county area. I first-hand saw in services in many different churches, arenas and tents the miracles from Heaven send healing, peace and unspeakable joy. The interesting part to me as I think about those years these past few weeks is how time didn't change in Heaven. Heaven has no time, and therefore the God of Elisha (double portion God) and the God of the disciples (New covenant portion) are all the same God. The same God...different Me.
I began to "grow up" experience the good, the miracles and the sin of life. The more that I matured the less I believed whole-hearted that I DESERVED the same God. The less I believed that the childlike faith was ENOUGH. The less I SAW that GOD COULD DO anything I believed. Doubt drove me into a sleepy like state of unbelief in a God the Is Bigger than my problems and bigger than my enemy. I doubted my worthiness to the prophecies spoken over my life during those revivals in the early 90's. I lived like a brides maid who would never get married but would be stuck in the ugly dress, covered with shame (some of which I didn't deserve).
My eyes have been opened to the God who blesses US, and Loves us EVEN we are making foolish, selfish choices. I believed that the Grace message I used to bring people to Christ was all I needed, but now I see that the GRACE MUST transform my THINKING, my SEEING, and my BELIEVING. I am His Beloved. I can run to God with all my faults, my doubts and my sin and He will STILL answer me, BUT MORE THAN THAT --- He will STILL inhabit the praises of His people. In the hunger for righteousness and peace He changed me over the last few weeks.
My dreams have become clear again. My children look less like a burden of ministry and more like a precious jewel to protect. My destiny is at hand instead of lost. My gifts and talents will be used today, like I will meet Jesus tomorrow. I will not fear rejection. I will not doubt who God said I am in Him. I will not doubt that I can change. I will be a trumpet, or a violin, or a soft voice, or a loud praise....whatever He says, whenever He says....I can not hide from my childlike faith.
Sure 'life' will continue to be difficult in parts (as it has been the last few weeks) and I am confident that my flesh and bones will continue to need food, sleep and water. However, my ability to look for and believe for the fresh manna from Heaven will not waiver. Not when I look one day at a time, or see gift after gift and one praise at a time.
If you think that life has changed you, then you are probably right. Think of when you were a small child and imagine I told you that precious stones would fall from Heaven - you would be looking in the sky all day, every day. As a 4 or 5 year old you would not doubt me over time and you would not forget. Oh, I pray that the faith of a child to believe will begin to manifest in you life. The Lord gave you gifts and talents to use for His glory and to bring peace to you and to others. I pray that you find the dreams or talents or hopes that inspire you to Give God the Praise and the Glory and then inspire you to look for Heaven in the real world.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Randy said...

You have no idea how much of a help this has been, as well as both of ya'll's words of encouragement. We are overloaded right now, and I am struggling to keep my focus on Him through my bipolar as well as our financial stress. Thank you again.

July 18, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home