WALKING IT OUT

Friday, July 24, 2009

Reaping....??..A Home?

This is a picture of our almost finished home. I am so excited I can hardly sleep at night. Can this really be happening....I hope so!
When my life was feeling like a failure and I could not make my (first) marriage work after years of trying everything....when the relationship within the marriage was violent and unhealthy....I thought surely my God who loved me would get me out of it all alive but -- I never thought that God would give me the opportunity to BEGIN OVER....AND START A NEW...
Of course, if you read my blog you know that I have a beautiful family, loving and supportive marriage with my best friend and what I know is the perfect person for me. So, yes God did want me to be happy and healthy. I understand that God designs us to make our own choices, but He knows those choices and how they will turn out and in His faithfulness, goodness and Love for us He has our "backup" plan written into His will already -- so that He may be glorified and that His goodness will be our testimony. (Versus our own thoughts that we could've done it alone.)
When I moved into my first apartment (after leaving my marriage) I looked around in awe and fear. And over a year later, when I realized my credit was in ruins -- my life was beginning with Asa and I really felt my heart settle into the life of a nomad.
We sowed countless hours into other peoples homes and we always held the upmost respect for the places we lived as though they were ours. I know that the years of paying rent would never amount to any credit balancing. My heart has just simply bleed a little each year when I think of the amount of money we were paying other people with no real security or home to show for it all. That amount will be something a little more than 67,500 dollars. It's a lot when you look at it in a lump sum. That was the last 6 years....In the early years held some times when in order to pay rent, we sold stuff, borrowed money and just plan didn't eat as we feed our children instead. But what I know is that God is smiling on our ability to learn to trust in Him, budget according to what are net income is and really learning to be humble and grateful for all that we have.
In my pursuit to always glorify the Creator who has given me all things...I can only be thankful that all my years of trusting and teaching myself and my kids to respect what we have -maybe the sun is shinning on my face and the wind is at my back for the first time in a long time. I accept that God is a good God...I have even when my life was in the pits. I accept my faith all the more in the face of blessings.
Lord, please let me remember that a short moment ago in my pain, I knew you were God and even in the possibility of goodness - I know you are a good god. That in this life when you said, risk it all and watch it return...or bury it and get nothing at all....that my risks are paying off in a home I can cherish, respect, clean and create a place of safety and security for my family. It seems as though your mercy shines on me even as so many are loosing their homes, continue to guide me and let me not forget what I have learned about trusting in you and working within my budgets. Father God, I am so thankful and in awe of you I respond with my whole heart.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home