WALKING IT OUT

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2 Cor 9:8 Thoughts

These last couple of days has been wierd regarding money in the house. Because we have some set aside to take care of the daunting tasks that have laid undone...now that time is upon us when we have enough (for a moment it seems) to take care of these repairs.
I have questioned God's plan in all this & why does it seem so easy and so hard to spend money on needed items. In the case of our van; the van itself was supplied directly from God in telling someone to give it to us...debt free. So, why do I fret over how much it will cost now (months later) to fix a few things.
Then the verse. 2 Corinthians 9:8 (New
Living Translation) "And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will
always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with
others."
As it said in the whole context (NASB) Verses
8-11 "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always
having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good
deed; 9as it is written, "HE SCATTERED ABROAD, HE GAVE TO THE
POOR, HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS ENDURES FOREVER."
10Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness; 11you will be enriched in everything for all liberality, which through us is producing thanksgiving to God."
Ok, really! So I must confess my lack of faith that God would supply what I needed?? BUT I DO TRUST GOD...HE HAS SUPPLIED ME WITH WHAT I NEEDED...WE TITHE, WE GIVE OFFERINGS, WE GIVE WHENEVER GOD ASKS...then it hit me! I do that stuff, and yet still can not imagine that this God loves me enough to continue to provide my needs AND the needs of others! Then the context of the idea that He declares that I will have enough AND an abundance left over to bless any situation that presents itself to me through the Spirit.
I hope my realization makes sense to you, because I was struggling to understand: how can I live on this (small) budget that we live on - MAKING it work, yet somewhere there is still doubt. I realized that what I was considering holding back from the prompting of God to give in order to pay for repairs, well, I was HOLDING BACK. I know that there are a long list of repairs more than the van but I also felt uncomfortable with the unkown. (i.e. how much do I need...where will the other come from...can I afford to give extra beyond my comfort...)
I have to trust this verse, because the other verses have rung true in my life. God has taken care of the unknown when I trust him. OUCH, I learned about another area in my life that I thought I had turned over to Him that wasn't completely His yet.
This passage reminds me that my seed (offering good will/deeds/money) in good ground will continue to produce MORE THAN ENOUGH harvest to do what he wants to and He will provide for my cares.
Lord, Help me to understand that you are a loving God. That you do in fact love me enough to produce a harvest with my seeds that will be like the little boys lunch, and provide for others in enough that I can still have some. Lord help me to have the mentality of the little boy with the fish...willing to sacrifice for others and see that You will take care of me. AMEN.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home