WALKING IT OUT

Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm not always original

Ok, so I realize that there is not anything "new under the sun" and I am learning to be satisfied with that. I had always wanted to think I was a wonderfully creative person that some times could come up with something new & original. I had a couple experiences around 7 years ago that really left me feeling like life hit me hard with the FACTS that there is nothing unique about me. Eventually pounding me into the life of understanding that God made me special, just not thousands of years ago. I would chuckle, but knew that in my heart I heard a voice say I was cherished but in my head I heard the "voice of reason." So, I am currently learning a valuable lesson about my self-worth and my ability to see things for the first time in my eyes regardless of how "heard of" it may be. I think that in the essence of who I am, even if I re-create or re-discover some pre-existing idea or work it would never be the same as the originators.

My Reflections:

I find myself hearing so many other people tell the story of looking at the loom up close and seeing nothing of sugnificance forming from over the creators shoulders. Or standing too close to the impressionist paintings without being able to discern what the overall captured picture will be. (You should know the rest.) But then, in a broader view, or in time after more of the creation is completed, we can see the plan all along fit perfectly together to form a masterpiece. People have told this story to translate the creators ability to map things out without it making sense to anyone "up close". Or that God, The Grand Weaver (by Ravi Z.) was knitting life moments big and small to come together and generate a masterpiece of character, integrity, and humility that becomes who we are or where our life leads us to greatness.

I was sitting alone in my thoughts for a few moments at the Grand Canyon a few days ago and just had to snap this shot. God has been showing me, that although sometimes we like to use this illustration above to describe the painful things in life that don't always make sense that there are also moments when we see clearly that the picture is small to us but ever so complicated that one could not possibly make it all at once.

I will share some more of my revelations from this vacation in future writings, but I understood in a moment that some things, even in close-up are beautifully intricate. Therefore I must remember that God has taken a complex set of circumstances to mold me into a uniquely wonderful creation who can create something or become someone like no one else.
Thank you oh mighty God, who calms my fears (of self-worth) with His love and delights in me with gladness (for I am His creation) and rejoices over me with joyful songs (which I hear echo in my heartbeats). (Taken from Zephaniah 3:17 NLT)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home