WALKING IT OUT

Saturday, March 14, 2009

One Year from the birth drama!




















Noah's first day with us was one year ago today.


I was almost unwilling to wait any longer for him to arrive! I am so glad that he was healthy and has such a perfect little face.

His arrival was not exactly how we expected. It was beautiful and quiet for the first two hours after his birth. We cuddled and enjoyed him so much. Soon things got crazy and nurses began to scurry around like squirrels. I do not want to go into detail but I remember thinking that "this can't be happening".... Several of my nurses were ministered to by my ability to keep them laughing though everyone was rushing to find out what was wrong with me and how to stop the course my body was on. I maintained in the back of my head that somehow this was a strange opportunity to show 12 very scared nurses (they admittedly said so after is was all over) that I was not afraid to die and was certainly not going to let them make decisions without my input. It was strange, but God gave me clarity on what was happening. I knew that it was serious. I knew that Asa and my mother and two children were outside very nervous. I also knew that Asa would have a great burden to bear if something did not go well. I also knew that my God loved me, and I was going to show these 12 women that this was not a time to second guess who was in charge. (I made them call the L&D charge nurse...LOL!)

After some very scary times and several hours of pain worse than natural childbirth....I knew and so did everyone else that everything would be fine.

That's when I cried as my husband held me in his arms. Our faith was put to the test on Noah's birth(day) and we had made it through!

In the last year I have thought about that day and the subsequent days of fighting for Noah's health as well. It is AMAZING how few people believe what they say they believe. I KNOW what I believe~! I KNOW that God is amazing and the author of our fate, the Alpha and Omega. I know that HE let me have this year....and will continue to allow me the honor of raising the children in my care... but they are all His.

I am just honored to be the one who gets graced by their smiles, sticky fingers, dirty feet, runny noses and sometimes I get to see God's fingerprints come through in sweet tender moments of truth spoken by children.

I am honored to be a mom.
I am even more honored to be a mom who can cart them places and go play at school or the playground with them in the middle of the day!
I don't always enjoy this honor, but I always cherish the ability to have children, healthy children, who are not in a hospital, who are not starving, who are blessed just like me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home