WALKING IT OUT

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Needle & Thread Repair Kit

I was left to the work of a mom today. The work of trying to repair a stuffed animal is somewhat typical in our home, but not today's job! Today, set before me a poodle...who will remain nameless...with no ears, holes in the body & whom had been 'shaved' in spots no poodle could imagine. (Funny, but sad at the same time!)
As I began this project with my mobile toy hospital kit (stitching kit to any other women). I did what any crafter does and looked for the perfect thread, needle and so on. Attacking this project has been on my to do list for over a month. I realized once I got started that there were MANY more holes to repair than I had first noticed. Anyway, long story but it was such a long surgery! Each patch revealed a new little snip or 'scissor accident' that was unnoticed. The total ended up at two ears chopped off, shaved fur off head & body and NINE holes!
God spoke quietly to my heart as I asked God how to explain this poor little dog to the child owners. See, the owner of this dog didn't know that one of the siblings decided to 'groom' it with kid scissors. I prayed for patience and guidance. God showed me HIS patience with me.
1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins. He is faithful and just to forgive us
our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
He gently holds me when I have done wrong. He cuddles me and will sometimes wait a period of time to allow our tears to slow, but He will always cleanse us from the unrighteousness. The Message Bible says it like this:
"On the other hand, if we admit our sins—make a clean breast of them—he
won't let us down; he'll be true to himself. He'll forgive our sins and
purge us of all wrongdoing."

Purging is not a pleasant thought. But patching that poor poodle wasn't exactly a walk in the park. Regardless, when I am not faithful and when I make big mistakes...He lovingly (sometimes painfully) repairs the damage I have caused. I only need to come clean and turn in my mess!
Lord, give me the strength to turn in my mess and let you repair the damage. I am thankful that you are faithful to forgive me of my sins. Give me the patience to make teachable moments out of these simple childhood lessons. Continue to show me the dept of your love for me as my heavenly Daddy God. Amen.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home