WALKING IT OUT

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bad Day or Bad Circumstances?


All bad things do not come in the same package.

I often think about the "bad things" that tend to happen to me. But I also think about how I can allow one bad thing to ruin my day or I can understand that in the course of a day, circumstances may present a bad situation. I choose what to do about it.

Choice 1: Grumble and complain or bottle up that anger and assume that bad things always happen to me.

Choice 2: Try to find the blessing despite the "bad".... yes, this is really hard sometimes! When we have a day like the picture....( the driver of the truck was not injured) and we deal with something terrible because someone ELSE made a choice. Even when we reach for a life that is no longer with us. We can decide to look for the positive things to encourage us through the situations.

I hope and pray that every day I learn to grab more of the truth of choice 2. I pray that my children see my choices and learn from them. Maybe they will see that it's ok to not like what some circumstances bring but we can always find something in our life to smile about. I can always smile about them or the silly things they say! :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home