WALKING IT OUT

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Journey


The path of our life never seems straight and yet we can see the seams that deliver us to the moment we are in. Good or bad? The moments of my life have given me both with deep joy and the darkest of sorrows. Yet as deep and dark as those valley's may have seemed, sometimes I come out the other side realizing that they were just shallow and long. My joyful moments and times in my life of being swallowed whole by happiness can seem short and when I look back I realize they were the highest peeks that I didn't enjoy long enough to appreciate.
Our journey in life can be what we decide. I believe we should be cautious to listen to the voice of contentment that whispers wisdom to us in the mountain tops so that we not forget them in the valleys.
This picture is one of most favorite scenes I have photographed. The small looking little trail of water is surrounded by a dry creek bed until the snow melts. From shore to shore becomes a swift moving current carrying run off from the upper ground eventually to a lake off camera. I first spotted this creek bed and imagined the similarities in my own life. I am grateful for the shallow long dry seasons that don't always look so bright. I always treasure the mountain top highs a little more now in light of those days to come.
In the words of the Hebrew Traditional Morning Blessing:
Blessed art Thou, Lord our God, King of the Universe,
who establishes the footsteps of man.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home