WALKING IT OUT

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

To Reach Greatness!

I was listening to Moody Radio Fl today and then heard a few commercials. I turned down the radio and said a quick prayer just under my breathe, "why does it seem everyone has early registration discounts, God? There is never anything that I can just go to for free...." Sharply my mind bounced back...."Greatness requires Early Registration....to whom much is given, much is required..."

I reached in my brain archives, I could not recall ever hearing any one say that statement before. ?~ Did I just get a nugget of wisdom from God? Well, I googled the phrase and came back with nothing....

Hmmm!

Ok, so then I had to focus! Greatness, for the sake of greatness? That is NOT a God thing, but in the subject of my prayer....I was asking for something good without pre-thought or without costs. It does prove that God would not honor my desire to be lazy in that moment. So, the Word would agree that to find success, you must take risk and it will cost something. (Otherwise, why would you "count the cost"?)

I began to look deeper in my desires. I was merely thinking out loud that about how I must overthink and over-plan everything in order to find something worthwhile. I feel exhausted daily by the current planning just to make it through the week. Surely, God could understand and allow me the ability to receive something meaningful without such labor over details, right? But, the thought in my head, "Greatness requires early registration...." didn't say early payment? No, I was assuming that registration required money. So, maybe what God may require that I set out a plan but then work toward it.

Now, that still didn't answer my desire, but in a sense it did. I so often "stress forward." I tend to get caught up in stressing over details that are not yet apparent. Any level of success is an unknown. You don't know how successful something is until is materializes. Why should I become caught up in what will be? Focus on what is given to me, and investing it. Just invest. Just register......

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home