WALKING IT OUT

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Holding Patterns

Have you ever flown and knew that you had plenty of time during a layover in another airport to get on a connecting flight to another city? Yet, you begin your journey and leave the gateway or terminal to find that a heavy rain begins while on the runway. Your plane turns and comes to a halt...you will be waiting for the storm to pass and no flights can clear for take off. Well, no problem right? You have a two hour layover! Until you find yourself still on this first plane on the runway four hours later. Now, you know that connecting to your other flight is impossible and by the time you get to the aiport you will not have any flights leaving out that night. You may be a 'glass half full' person and not mind this sense you know eventually you will get to your destination. But what if this delay means missing the meeting at your final destination and thus making this entire journey a wasted two days? Wouldn't it be nice to just bail out of the flight right here in your home town and just go home? But you can not get off the plane once it is boarded!

That, my friends is a holding pattern on the runway!

During this last season of my life I have been in a type of holding pattern waiting for the Lord of all things to open some gates, doors or windows to allow my family to move forward. Although no doors have exactly opened yet my husband and I wait...!
I know that even in this valley or platue of sorts in life, I feel like I am reaching an end to the wait. The problem is that I have NO idea what God has in store on the mountain top. In reality I don't think any of us really do, but some times we find comfort in thinking we know what to expect.

I seriously I have NO earthly idea what will happen in the next month or year or beyond. I anticipate with "heartburn" and a scary sense that He loves me and has the final say over my life. Why is that scary? Because I don't know what I need the most to Glory God the most, to the most people....???? This doesn't always feel good or look good!

I hope that without causing you anxiety, I can assure you that the ONE thing I know is that WHILE I WAIT...He is faithful to give me strength...All the strength I need to get through whatever is next. The God I count on is always true, always faithful and always there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home