WALKING IT OUT

Monday, March 30, 2009

Belief

Hebrews 11:6 (Contemporary English Version)
"But without faith no one can please God. We must believe that God is real and that he rewards everyone who searches for him."


1 Peter 3:11 (NIV) "He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it."

John 3:12 (NIV) "I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?"

The belief that the electricity works doesn't make it work but it allows me to not think about it every time I want to flip a switch. The reality is that the physical nature of electricity (if installed properly) will do what it is created to do...close a circuit and open it again.

So I think the heavenly principles are in my life. God's way is to bless others in your time of need and you will be blessed (maybe just in your spirit, but you receive none the less). God's way is to way the risk but to bet on the talent given to you and you will most likely be rewarded; some greater than others, but rewards always come. Do harm to yourself and you will find a trap of dispair. Love money and you will eventually met a gloomy end without relationships.

Looking at the passages that God whispered, I realize that if what the world would call "you get what you give" mentality were applied to all of God's scriptures then so many would come to know the Lord. 1 Peter speaks loudly to me, this passage so easily applies to non-believers, but the problem is without Christ how does any one fulfill this call? Hebrews is like a beacon in the dark waters of life because in the midst of grieve how many of my friends have cried out "OH God????" and then tried to deny their belief that He may exist. For me, He must exist and if so, why not chance the fruit of seeking Him? He will give me comfort, peace or at least I will be rewarded in some way.

Amazingly, I am reminded that in John, Jesus reminded his disciples that they must learn to trust his amazing stories as truth or they may never understand the Hope that lay around the corner in Him.

Am I missing out on the wonders of God, because I am busy wondering if He does in fact take care of me and do all the things He promises??? Lord, lead me to the path that is quiet enough to hear from your heart and let me be bold enough to believe that all the wonders of the world are as possible as you make them!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home